Select your outcomes
Once we had our trial question and registered our trial we had three questions to ask.
- How were we going to carry out the test?
- Who was going to participate in the trial?
- and how were we going to measure the outcomes?
We decided that
- Our test would take place over three weeks.
- We would divide the group of participants into two groups- the control group and the test group.
- One group would play a variety of maths games and one group would play non educational board games.
- We would spend twenty minutes each day playing games in small groups. The games would be simple addition and subtraction based games.
- The senior classroom would act as mentors.
We decided to ask the pupils in first, second and third classes to be our participants.
Measuring the outcomes
- We would test the candidates before, midway through and at the end of the trial.
- We would use the Westwood One minute Number Facts Tests in Addition and in Subtraction.
- We would compare the three results of the test group and the control group and graph our results.